03 December 2008

Proper tidy

... = hella clean? (as quoted by Rob de los Santos!)

Dorset, UK

So I am not the most outdoorsey person you've ever met. So when Mountbatten told us that we'd be going for a weekend in the countryside, doing adventurous sporty things... I was less than ecstatic.

However, it was amazing to be able to breathe air that was infinitely cleaner than that of the city, be able to see the cute little suburbs that families lived in, AND actually have the time of my life going on hikes and climbing up million feet poles while balancing on top of 5 people (ok not really but I exaggerate for effect.)

Anyways, we checked into our housing for the weekend (which was called "Chicken Shed")....

Our lovely shelter for two nights - the chicken shed at brenscombe camp.

Hanging out in DORSET!

So in addition to the traditional camp activities such as campfire and flip cup (maybe that's not so traditional, but we're MB, flipcup/beer pong had to be involved in one way or another), we did loads of team builders which were actually AWESOME!

Campfire sing-a-long to "Bye, Bye Miss American Pie..." & Michelle Branch.....


Ability vs Sutherland flip cup :)


trying to be Sound of Music-esque

So the next day we do loads of climbing - Abseiling below:

Abseiling


Beleting

We learned how to tie the ropes for abseiling (each group learned a different part of the process, so we had to work together and teach other - teamwork you know...), then had to belet for the person in front of us, which was actually kind of tiring.

The view near the wall we abseiled.

Kyle & I

Orienteering!


Clearly enjoying the wilderness....JMU!

So that night (after the most amazing dinner of MUSHROOMS - which we thought was all they were serving for dinner), we headed out to the cute little town of SWANAGE to watch the England vs. South Africa rugby championship. Then we ended up at a bar and met a bunch of locals who thought Swanage > London ... I guess I could see that. Then Dana proceeds to tell them "I can't wait to talk with an English accent when I see my parents again.....'Hi Mum & Dad, I would like a pizza!' " .... hahhahaha okay Italian! Anyways, it was loads of fun... we learned "proper tidy."
The whole gang :)


And then the playground on steroids:

Climbed up this pole, and then jumped off


Building this tower

Just your typical see-saw.....50 feet above the ground..


Bye Dorset!

So on the train ride back, seriously Dana was IN.SANE. I swear she woke up the entire car by laughing...I don't even know. And then Sean ate Mucho Mas....twice.

No comments: