06 December 2008

J'adore paris

Paris, France


Weekend in Paris to visit Peter B - took Eurostar after work to Gare du Nord. Omg, I didn't get to peter's hotel till freaking 3:30 am ( but i didn't know it was that late, cuz.....i don't know. i thought it was 2:30). Also the area around the Eurostar station isn't the best place to be alone ... in the middle of the night. However, everyone I did end up talking to were super nice and I even went into a diner type restaurant to ask for change and they asked me to stay for a drink!

Anyways, so the next day (Saturday), we get up get ready and go to walking around.. so we get out of the metro at Notre Dame and I'm fixing my camera to get ready to take pictures.. and i hear someone go "STEF!" ... and I turn around and freaking my friend Rachel whitehead is standing there w/ her friend. HOW. FREAKING. RANDOM. is that?! I studied abroad with her and then i just BUMPED INTO her in front of notre dame?! The last time I saw her was a year ago when we visited her in Santa Barbara!!!!! I LOVE TRAVELING!

Rachel et moi

So we walked around after Notre Dame, to Galleries Lafayette, the Louvre (didn't go in this time cuz I've been the last time I was there.. although next time I go I'll definitely want to go in), all along Champs Elysee to gorge on chocolate AND shop for Peters stuff at Salvatore Ferragamo and Louis Vuitton.

Along the Seine River


Pink chairs outside of PINK Fauchon

Outside Galleries Lafayette ... during the Holiday season.. chaotic!

Champs Elysee! I LOVE THIS STREET

Went to Eiffel tower at night and it was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! and i got suckered into buying one of those light up eiffel towers from those mofos who try to tackle you and stuff. grrrrrrrrr and i ended up paying more! cuz I don't know how to bargain. boo hoo oh well it was like 1 Euro more.


Had dinner in the Latin Quarters (Mexican food!) - I love the area.. there's so many little souvenir shops selling random knick knacks, and so many small restaurants that are family owned. The streets are so small and have so much character - and people live right above these shops and restaurants. The place is just screams family and has a real close knit feeling - kind of like a bazaar but without people pressuring you so much into helping you spend your money. It's my kind of place!


So on Sunday, we were going into central Paris again to eat and go to Moulin Rouge before I took the eurostar back (and after we called mary for like 20 minutes and she told mer to call her.. nevertime. hahahaha). So we're at the airport trying to buy tickets for hte train, and this guy behind us goes "hey....is this the only way into paris?" and then i told him I think so and Peter starts talking to him.. and we find out he's from California... and then we find out he's from Alameda.. and then we find out he use to be a bouncer in san jose at Studio 8.. and peter was like "yeah dude.. i recognize you!" CRAZY. so we spent the day with him... and got mushroom/cheese crepe + sugar crepe + a drink for 6 euros!!!!!!! i LOVE CREPESSS!

The crepe man was super nice


Strolling around trying to find our new friends hostel

So then we accompany John (I think that was his name...) to Notre Dame cuz we were going in that direction anyways... we end up going into Notre Dame cuz we didn't the day before.. for some reason we thought it cost money. Anyways, it was actually REALLY AMAZING to go in and see one of the first Gothic Cathedrals.


We saw these street performers the day before in the Latin Quarters!

And then back to Gare du Nord for the Eurostar back to King's Cross. Cheap, quick, and super convenient. I love the Eurostar. : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

are these all edited? :D